Technology Service Manager
Senior (5+ years of experience)
The Technology Service Manager is directly responsible for the Strata IT Technology service department. In this position, the Technology Service Manager drives client satisfaction and team efficiency by ensuring all business metrics are addressed appropriately. This is achieved by hosting on-going meetings with the technical teams, refining processes to improve service delivery, monitoring & managing key business metrics, and managing the development of the professional services team’s skillsets. The Technology Service Manager will work closely with the Strata IT Sales Team to ensure client expectations are being met and escalated service requests are prioritized appropriately. In addition, the Technology Service Manager will work closely with the management team to ensure all business goals are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the service desk team’s daily activities.
- Ensure exceptional client satisfaction is consistently delivered and maintained.
- Function as the customer’s single point-of-contact for problem identification and resolution for issues that have been escalated by the team.
- Lead the implementation of overall Technical Service strategies, objectives and metrics while focusing on improving efficiency and automation.
- Understand overall service desk objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Manage the dispatch process of service requests to ensure full utilization of resources.
- Improve usage of Support resources and increase productivity of the team.
- Drive the highest levels of performance from each team member thru coaching, training, mentoring, and performance metrics.
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer pre- and post-delivery issues and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Improve process for management reporting of key technical support metrics and implement a targeted training development program for all technical services team members.
- Maintain process documentation for the service desk team.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently followed and updated as necessary.
- Host daily team meetings to review, reprioritize and reassign service requests.
- Work closely with the project manager on the hand off of projects to the support team.
- Participate in weekly service/project meetings.
- Ensure the team responds to afterhours calls and emergencies quickly and efficiently
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to improve service delivery and participate in improving project offerings.
- Assist in hiring and staffing decisions within the service department.
- The ability to routinely multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain knowledge of key products and services including Microsoft Operating Systems, Office applications, security solutions, and other key technology offerings.
- Effectively prioritize service requests, escalations along with other duties and tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to hold the team accountable to the key business metrics.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of service management experience
- At least 2 years of technical support experience
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining a technical service team
- Proven experience in customer service Experience with relevant software applications, tools and techniques
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Formal presentation and speaking skills
- Persuasiveness and ability to adapt
- High stress tolerance
- Excels in team collaboration and efficiency
- Driven, dedicated contributor that expects high quality results from him/herself and the team he/she leads
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Ability to collaborate, establish and maintain credible and influential relationships at all levels.